In Conversation With… Sanchit Sehgal, Director, Grenewablenergy Pvt. Ltd.
Can you please help us know your professional background?
I did my graduation in Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) from Amity University, Noida. Then I got selected for IIT Delhi basecamp for startups.
What inspired you to become an entrepreneur?
The idea is to bring a change in the society and provide electricity to people 24 hours 365 days.
The place where I live always had power cuts of 3-4 hours in a day. Since childhood I always cribbed about the power cuts.
After my graduation, I went on a solo trip to Europe. That trip was to explore my mind and find a good business idea to work upon. At the end of the trip I was full of energy and enthusiasm to start my entrepreneurial journey and build my startup in Floating Solar Energy.
Can you please tell us about your venture ‘Grenewablenergy’?
Grenewablenergy is a startup in the energy sector recognized by Startup India under DIPP.
We provide one stop turnkey solutions for Floating Solar Power Plants on Lakes, Reservoir, Ponds, Industrial and Commercial, and Government waterbodies.
The solar panels are placed on a HDPE floating pontoon and all the floats are connected to one another. This forms an array.
- It helps in reducing evaporation by 80% (really useful for drought areas)
- It reduces algae growth in the water and helps in cleaning of the water.
- It is the third alternate to put solar systems after ground mounted and rooftop solar system.
What is the problem you are trying to solve with your venture?
The problem we are solving:
- The land used to put solar systems can be saved as a water body is already present in the environment.
- The production of solar energy is more cheaper and efficient than rooftop or ground mounted solar power plants.
- Drought affected areas can use this technology and save thousands of liters of water and also enjoy cheaper electricity.
In short we are solving the problem of saving water and generating electricity.
How are you different from the competition in your niche? What is your USP?
Grenewablenergy was the first startup to be registered under startup India for floating solar power plants. We use high quality material and Made in India floats.
Our USP is we can design floating solar power plants with various illustrations i.e. we can design a shape or name or anything with the solar panels using different color floats.
What role has technology played in the success of your venture?
My venture is purely technology based. Hence, technology has played a vital role. From starting to end, every step of the solar power plant is technology based. Such advanced technologies have helped me grow this venture into a reality. Technology has made the process of power plants safe and reliable.
Kindly describe a typical day at work. How do you ensure efficient and effective time management?
There are certain key parameters we have to keep in mind for executing the tasks.
- Each task is designed and placed in such a manner that it reduces the overall time to complete the deadline.
- There are different tasks involved in completing a power plant. Each department is designed in such a way that all the tasks require the least time to finish it and move forward.
- Supply chain logistics have to be very efficient to ensure timely delivery of equipment, machinery and other resources.
For us time management is very important as even a delay of one day is proved to be a huge amount in money and resources.
What is the biggest challenge that your firm is facing at the moment? How do you plan to overcome it?
The biggest challenge we are facing at the moment is
- Increased input costs
- The projects allotted by the government are low at the moment. Due to the pandemic the system is running uncertain and slow.
- Big companies are taking most of the potential projects.
We are improving our supply chain everyday to reduce the input cost. Sustaining in this environment is difficult, but we are improving ourselves everyday to sustain and grow.
What is your message for any aspiring entrepreneurs?
Every startup is a challenge. The low moments in your journey will bring you the best opportunities.
The day you lose hope is the day you exit from the startup journey. Never lose hope.
*All views are that of the interviewee. UdyamGyan does not promote or endorse any claims.